These guidelines outline how to notify the Partnership when publishing or presenting data from the Experiences of Cancer Patients in Transition Study (Transitions Study) survey, and how to source and credit your research or knowledge product(s).
Users can use the Transitions Study data for research, grant, program and policy development purposes. This permission includes the reporting of results based on information directly derived from analyzing the survey data.
When publishing or presenting results that include Transitions Study data, we request that all users:
- Notify the Partnership of any forthcoming reporting upon acceptance of a manuscript or abstract for publication or presentation.
- Notify the Partnership at least five business days prior to a media release.
- Send notifications and final publications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acknowledge the Partnership with the following statement in publications, presentations, media releases, and/or other knowledge products:
- “This analysis is based on the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer’s Experiences of Cancer Patients in Transition Study survey. The Transitions Study was made possible by funding provided to the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer by Health Canada. The assumptions and/or calculations underlying the results were prepared by <INSERT ORGANIZATION/AUTHOR NAME>, and the responsibility for the use and interpretation of these data and their reporting is entirely that of the author(s).”